CHAMPAIGN, Ill. — Nebraska had some injury questions immediately answered Saturday against Illinois.
Down 42-38 Saturday, Illinois had a chance to drive down and win. There was one group that said bring it. The game was in the Blackshirts’ hands.
No, Illinois' gameday atmosphere isn't the best in the world. Maybe that shouldn't be surprising for a program that has had four winning seasons over the last 20 years.
Bruce Holsinger’s new novel “The Gifted School” is going to seem snatched straight from recent headlines, even though he first conceived the book a decade-and-a-half ago.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Warrant list - 2019
- Arrests log - Sept. 13 - Sept. 15
- KPD issues 82 traffic citations, makes four arrests during Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over
- Firestone listed on tax sale with $24,000 in back taxes
- After spate of suicides, sheriff makes good on his word
- Daily arrest log – Sept. 19
- Daily arrest log - Sept. 16
- Third suicide for the year reported at jail
- Daily arrest log - Sept. 17
- Daily arrest log - Sept. 18
- UAW Local 292 members strike
- Wildcat captures Liberty Cup
- Colosseum Combat
- 8 signs you grew up in Tucson in the 80's-90's
- September Coupons 2019
- Tom Oates puts Lambeau fans on the hot seat, and Packers' Nation responds on Twitter
- The 10 states with the highest and lowest property tax rates
- 3rd annual Military Foundation Charity Softball Game
- Art, history and nature converge at the Kokomo Art Center in September
- Artwork by Bertie David is on display this month at the KHCPL
On a night where Dedrick Mills has been on and off the sideline due to injury, he's also been in the endzone. Mills pulled the Huskers within one score of the Illinois with a 14-yard rush that was aided by a firm stiff arm in the closing minutes of the third quarter.
Sure, there's a long, difficult Big Ten schedule ahead, but the Badgers showed Saturday how good they have become in the wake of a disappointing 8-5 season.
While not as flashy as the Lamar Jackson-to-Marquise Brown connection, there's another brewing rapport in Baltimore that shouldn't be discounted — Jackson to Mark Andrews.
Nebraska football writer Parker Gabriel offers his extra points from the Huskers' Week 4 win at Illinois.
About 6 1/2 minutes remained in Nebraska's game against Illinois when Wan'Dale Robinson looked up to the sky and pounded his chest. He wanted this one bad. Ninety seconds earlier, the true freshman had scored the touchdown that gave Nebraska a 42-38 lead, its first of the game.