You are the owner of this article.

Man pleads guilty in baseball bat killing

Trevor Bean faced charges after 2016 death of Paul Andreas

  • 1 min to read
trevor bean


A Kokomo man pleaded guilty to the killing of a 60-year-old man with a baseball bat.

On Oct. 24, Trevor Bean, 40, entered a guilty plea in the 2016 slaying of Paul Andreas. Through the plea deal Bean avoided facing a murder charge in front of a jury and instead pleaded guilty to a charge of robbery resulting in serious bodily injury, a level 2 felony.

The case stemmed from nearly three years ago when, in the early morning hours of Dec. 3, 2016, Kokomo Police Department officers were dispatched to the 700 block of South Webster Street in reference to an armed robbery.

When officers arrived at the location, the home of Andreas, they found the 60-year-old had endured a “severe head injury,” according to a probable cause affidavit. Andreas was bleeding from the head, and blood was on the couch, floor, bed, and coffee table in the living room.

Even though Andreas’ eyes were swollen shut from his wounds, he was conscious, and officers managed to ask him who had attacked him. According to court documents, Andreas informed the investigators that Bean was responsible.

“At that time, Mr. Andreas spelled out, ‘B-E-A-N’ ... Mr. Andreas stated that he owed someone $2,300. He stated that he was speaking with another unidentified individual about owing that money. He stated that Trevor overheard the conversation about the money that Mr. Andreas owed, and Trevor had shown up at the apartment while the money was there,” read the affidavit.

When Bean arrived Andreas was asleep on the couch, and the cash in question was sitting next to him. Andreas told officers Bean entered the residence and began beating him with an aluminum baseball bat. In addition to the money, Andreas claimed Bean also had stolen his cell phone.

Officers also interviewed another witness who claimed to have found Bean after the attack. According to that witness, Andreas also told him Bean was responsible for the attack.

Andreas was transported to St. Vincent Kokomo shortly after officers arrived on the scene and died shortly thereafter.

Later, officers made contact with Bean’s mother in their attempts to locate the suspect. The same day officers responded to Andreas’ residence for the initial call, Bean was arrested while driving.

Prosecutors eventually leveled the charges of murder and robbery resulting in serious bodily injury (a level 2 felony) at Bean.

In his deal, Bean pleaded guilty to robbery resulting in serious bodily injury. A sentencing hearing is scheduled for Dec. 13 in Howard Superior IV.